If you are reading this it's probably because you are experiencing neck and shoulder tension to a higher or lesser degree. We all do, and it's becoming chronic in this new era of smart-phones, other technology and of course high stress.
The structure of this course will resemble a regular yoga class, except most of the focus will be on asanas and other stretches that release tension in the neck and shoulder area. We will use gentle unwinding movements, as well as dynamic and therapeutic yoga poses, to bring awareness to habitual postural patterns and physical and emotional holding in the body that can create strain on the shoulders and neck.
- pranayama (breathing) that helps alleviate stress
- several yoga poses and other stretches that release neck and shoulder tension
- a centering meditation with focus on emotional awareness
- a guided relaxation at the end
* NOTE: This Workshop is NOT appropriate for people with severe neck or shoulder pain, injuries or other medically related conditions. ( It is meant more for people who experience neck and shoulder TENSION )
$20 in advance / $25 the day of / space is limited to 20 mats